Who's On-Line Now?

Friday 21 December 2007

Uneventful Day

Today was a fairly uneventful day, and frustrating due to the fact that it was obviously the last working day this year for so many people, including my supervisor, the building manager, and all the contractors. And all I could think was:


"One more shift!"
I almost forgot to wish Lee a Happy Birthday, but texted him during my first patrol at midday and he phoned me back. I do miss his companionship, but our friendship will just never be the same as it used to be as we have drifted apart over the last two years.
I also got a call from another friend, Paul, and we arranged to meet for drinks on Sunday, which is good as I wanted to go out that day for drinks anyway. Hopefully Tim and Richard will be able to come out for a few pints too.
I finished Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone this morning and started Chamber of Secrets.
I was very surprised to get a bottle of wine from the building manager this afternoon, don't think too much of him I think he was "bullied" into giving the wine away by my supervisor. He offered me a bottle of white first which I accepted to be polite (and because I knew I would get nothing else from him or from my actuyal employers), he then said I could have a bottle of red too. I said that the white was fine. He then had 3 bottles left and so let me have another bottle of white and said that he wouldn't be giving the guards from the night shift anything. He and the supervisor then went to the pub. When the guard who is usually on my team came in for the night shift I let him have a bottle of white as I thought it was only fair, especially as I don't even drink wine. I don't know what I am going to with the other bottle!

2 comments:

gab said...

give it to me lol

Alex said...

Cheeky!