Who's On-Line Now?

Thursday 13 December 2007

Just to keep you updated

I applied for another security job last night after I got back from work, I told you I was still looking! I received a phonecall this morning asking if I could attend an interview next Monday. I am unfortunately working on that day, but luckily they could fit me in this afternoon for an interview. So At 14:00 I am going for the interview at their head office, which is not far from home and so I am beginnning my preparation now. The job is nearer to my old wage level (within £2000 p/a) and is still corporate security, it is in the City (so I won't have to worry about travel costs or times, especially with Christmas coming up), and it is Monday to Friday 60 hours a week (so therefore 07:00 to 19:00 each day). This is a shift pattern that I have never worked before but at least I would be almost working "normal" hours and have the same sort of routine as other people.
The good news is that, as I am still within my probationary period with my new employers, I do not have to give any notice. So, I could start on Monday!
Oops, I'm talking like I already have the job and overconfidence has been my undoing before so I need to go and re-focus and get my head in the right place for the interview. Wish me luck.

No comments: