Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 16 December 2007

Apologies

I must apologise for my lack of manners yesterday. I forgot to mention that the "Christmas" meal that my sister cooked for lunch, and the food for our tea, was fantastic. Lynn used to be known for presenting cold vegetables with her roast dinners, but has long since become adept at getting her food prepared and ready at the same time. I'm sure that the "practice" she has had with her four kids and a husband has had a hand in this. The turkey was succulent, the vegetables perfected by steaming them rather than boiling and the roast potatoes were fantastic. I felt quite disappointed when I realised I was full as I wanted to carry on eating!
I also was surprised to find out that I have been chosen by my other sister, Maxine, to be the one to give her away at her wedding in August. It was quite a shock to find out that she had nominated me for this task. I was also taken aback by the casual manner in which she announced the day she would be getting married. All she said was "keep August 30th" clear won't you! I am terrified! I have not been to a wedding since Kevin's second wedding over 10 years ago, what am I expected to do? Do I have to make a speach? I surely hope not! But you never know, I know that the bridesmaids are meand to get action on the day, will I?

No comments: