Who's On-Line Now?

Tuesday 25 December 2007

Strictly Come Dancing Special

As well as Dr Who, I was looking forward to Strictly Come Dancing, the Christmas Special. Any excuse to watch Gethin Jones and Mark Ramprakash again!! And the rest of the men too actually!!
I was actually fairly disappointed with Mark and Karen's Jive as I thought he made quite a few mistakes and appeared slightly out of time during the beginning of the dance. Sorry Mark. But his arse and arms still filled his trousers and shirt very nicely indeed.
Alesha and Matt's dance was also unimpressive, compared to their previous performances, and they incorporated a lot of moves from their previous dances into this one. The move at the end was a surprise, with Matt being held aloft by Alesha's leg strength too!!
Gethin and Camilla's waltz was lovelly, though I did notice that he couldn't help smiling throughout the dance, I don't know if he was meant to be, but he seemed to be trying to stop himself. He obviously enjoys the experience so much that he couldn't contain his feelings. they got a perfect score of 4 tens, which he deserved.
Letitia and Darren Bennett's foxtrot was brilliant in my opinion. From the start Letitia looked relaxed, which she never really was during the whole competition, and subsequently she danced amazingly getting 4 nine's, though I believe she should have got at least 1 ten. She also looked beautiful in her emerald green off-the-shoulder dress which accentuated her beautiful figure.
Matt and Flavia's rumba to Last Christmas (the Wham song) was okay, but I didn't feel that there was much actual dancing from Matt during the whole dance, though his hands were feverishly trying to make up for this missing ingredient. They were given 3 ten's though I didn't think they deserved them.
Darren Gough and Lilia Kopylova's American smooth was good and it was amazing to see how light on his feet Darren is, considering what a big lump of a man he is. They also got 4 tens, thought I didn't enjoy it as much as Gethin and Camilla's dance.
The over-all winner, and second time winner of the Christmas Special was Darren Gough, with Gethin coming in second. [I do know that if I performed with Gethin he would almost certainly come second then too!!] I was gutted for him, but I hope we all get to see him dance again very soon.

2 comments:

gab said...

sorry im a bit late my internets down so merry xmas from us!

i watched the special too and also thought gethin shold have won-was really siappointed with alesha it was liuke she couldnt be bothered same with matt

hope u had a good un xxxxxxxxxx

Alex said...

Hope you both had a good one too.