Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 3 December 2007

First Day Report

It was quite reassurung this morning actually having to get up and go to work! Even though it was early for most normal people (07:00 start). But, as I was dreading, it was boring. Hardly anything happened all day and my training was minimal. I never thought that I would get so bored that I actually wanted to do a patrol of the whole building just to pass the time. Unfortunately I only got to do it twice (not enough to remember the route completely! Though by the end of tomorrow I think I will have).
If I was bored on my first day, god help me on a normal day when there are even less people to talk to. We are running 2 over today and tomorrow as there are 2 of us training. Otherwise there would normally only be 2 guards and a supervisor on a day shift and just the 2 guards on a night! I really am going to have to keep looking!
Good point of the day are:
  • The people are okay
  • I've come out to one of them already, so I'm sure everyone will know now!
  • I got to leave an hour early, and should do tomorrow too.

Bad points of the day were:

  • The boredom
  • One of the guards has 2 REALLY long nasal hairs that were really annoying me, I just wanted to yank them out myself!
  • The building manager seems like a knob (probably because he is grossly obese and is overcompensating!)

Hopefully tomorrow will prove to be better, but don't hold your breathe for good news!

2 comments:

gab said...

mike said just like your first day at rivercourt lol

glad its not too bad whereabouts is it?

Alex said...

The first day at River Court was good, it was later that things went down hill! (Like transfering onto B shift!! lol not true).
It is worse than I first thought at this new place though,(see my Facebook message back to you), but I will have to tough it out until something else comes along.
It is litterally 5 minutes walk away, just behind the Barbican centre (close to Moorgate tube).