Who's On-Line Now?

Thursday 13 December 2007

The Interview..

Well, I got to the interview far too early (about 20 minutes) as it was nearer than it looked on the A-Z map. The interview itself was fairly short, about 20 minutes again, and was basically a preliminary interview to see if I would be suitable to take to see the client. I seemed to pass, but he is doing further interviews tomorrow and Monday, so I will hear after that, by email probably.
I came clean at the interview about my dismissal from my last job, but I know most people probably wouldn't have at this early point. I feel that I have to as I would hate to get to the point where I am offered the position only to be knocked back because of the dismissal, or because I hadn't disclosed it. Or, even worse, to be offered the job and give up my existing job only to be denied the new job because of the dismissal.
The job doesn't sound quite as good as I thought, as it is with a very small team of guards, but it is bigger than the team I am with at present. It is within a walkable distance too. It is also very likely that the building I would be working in also houses a team of security for one of the tenants which contains at least 2 former work colleagues of mine. I am waiting to hear back from one of them on Facebook to see if it is the same building.
What I did found frustrating about the interview was that the interviewer suggested that I could be suitable for managerial positions at head office, as did the interviewer for my current job. This has been suggested to me before, I was practically begged to be a supervisor at the place I was dismissed from about 3 years ago on at least 2 occasions, and people always look at me strangely when I say I don't want a managerial job.
The fact is that I would just be too stressed if I took a management job. I have had supervisory positions previously and every time I have almost had nervous breakdowns as I have been unable to cope with the pressure from above and below. I prefer doing a job with a certain level of responsibility, with reasonable targets and then being able to leave everything at work until the next shift. I'm sure that is why I get so frustrated with those managers who do poor jobs, because I know that I could do a better job, but would suffer for it! Maybe sometime in the future I will feel able to take such a position, but I wouldn't hold my breath!!

No comments: