Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 9 December 2007

A Quick Day

I think I mentioned that today, less than 1 week after starting with this new security company, I would be the senior guard on duty!! Well it was frustrating but the day did go by at a good pace. The other guard turned up late, had already booked himself on via his mobile, took twice as long to do his first patrol (which meant that my break was 1/2 hour late), ate in the Control Room despite having been told not to at least 3 times before, made a personal phone call on the company phone, talked really loudly on his mobile, read out loud in a stage whisper-type voice (which incidentally had always freaked me out), and, when a relief arrived at the end of the shift, said to me:
"Shall I go home then?" I couldn't believe it!
"I don't think so, as I was here 20 minutes before you AND you were late!"
"Oh, but I thought that, as I live further away, I would get to go first!" he responded.
"Are you having a laugh?" was all I could reply in astonishment!

I do hope that I don't have to work with him again!

No comments: