Who's On-Line Now?

Tuesday 18 December 2007

Finished another one!!

Today was a slowish day again and I managed to finish another book, Sure of You (the sixth in the Tales of the City series). I started it at the beginning of the shift and had finished it by 16:00!! By the end of the six books I had come to really dislike the character of Mary Ann Singleton, whom I had liked when I first read the books and saw the television series.
Her character developed from a naive newcomer to San Francisco to an unthinking, career-focussed woman who didn't think about how her actions would affect others. She wasn't intentionally hurtful, just self-centred. She sort of reminded me of my friend Lee, who was formerly my closest friend until about 2 years ago. I guess that makes me Brian, who was the wronged other half (though Lee and I were never an item, we were very close friends), who is not ambitious and lacks direction in his life. I think that sums me up quite well.
Tomorrow I am starting the Night Listener also by Armistead Maupin.

No comments: