Who's On-Line Now?

Tuesday 4 December 2007

Still looking for work!!

Today was the second day of my training at my new job, and although I didn't think it was possible, I was even more bored than on my first day! I did 3 patrols, each taking approximately 45 minutes, and that was all I had to do all day. Oh and I signed off my training sheet, which basically involved listening to some common sense statements from the site manager. Other than that I was sat bored in the control room waiting for something to do.
I did, though, manage to get to leave at 16:45, though I was please about this as it was not long after I found out that I wasn't getting paid my full rate for my 2 training days! No one in authority has mentioned this to me, but one of my colleagues mentioned it and another one confirmed it! I wouldn't mind so much but it is more than £2 an hour less than I was told I would be earning, making it over £50 I will be missing for the 2 days, money I cannot afford to lose, being on such a low wage already! I am going to have to confirm this with management when I am back on Thursday and make a complaint.
The bad points of this company are gradually increasing, and so I am still looking and, when the opportunity arises, applying for alternate employment.

No comments: