Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 21 July 2008

Work

Today started off badly. I was acting-supervisor today and the new guard decided he wanted to use his mobile phone in the control room. We have a strict "no mobile phone" rule at work, put into place by the building manager. I normally ignore it if someone has the mobile in their pocket on silent or vibrate, but this guy was blatently using it in front of me. I reminded him of the rule, pointing to the poster on the wall stating the same. He carried on. I then asked him to "put the phone away please!" And he still carried on. I walked up to him and tried to close the flip-top phone myself, he shrugged away from me and walked out of the room and continued to use it outside the door. He then went to talk to the supervisor himself. I gave up and walked back into the control room exclaiming "For F**ks Sake!" and he had the cheek to come back in the room to tell me I was rude for swearing! Like ignoring your immediate superior at work isn't rude?? And what do I get for the hassle of being supervisor for a day? A whole extra £6 before tax!!
To top it all I still hadn't been paid this morning and when I chased it up I found out that they had made a mistake and it should be in my account by Wednesday! Again, I'm not holding my breath!
I was glad when the shift is over, although tomorrow night I am working with a trainee, who was also on today, and the guy everyone else hates and who is getting sacked from our site at the end of the shift. I have a feeling that he isn't going to be in anyway as he was making a big deal out of his "cold" when he came in for tonight's shift. We shall see!!

1 comment:

Ray's Cowboy said...

Holds the Hamster close. Sorry you had a bad day.
Hugs
Ray