Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 20 July 2008

Who'd'a' Thunk It?

Being a Sunday today, we have to start the day shifts an hour later, but still work our 12 hour shift. Having an hour extra in bed sounds great, but only if you can get to sleep. I went to bed at 23:00 last night but I was just not tired so I ended up laying there for about and hour before I dropped off to sleep. I woke up at about 01:30 and I felt really hungry, I'd only had a bowl of soup after coming home from work. I HAD to have something to eat there and then, but all I had available in the kitchen was some sliced chicken and an apple, so I had to settle for that. Anything else would have involved cooking, not a good idea in a full house at that time of the morning (although I think at least one housemate was out and 2 others having a lock-in in the pub downstairs, but don't tell anyone!).
I swilled this down with some mixed fruit juice and hoped that it would suffice until the morning. It did, but my sleep didn't last as some foreign student types were making a lot of noise outside the YMCA which is right opposite my bedroom window. This woke me about an hour later and I kept waking up roughly every hour after that. I was so tired by the time I got to work.
I've only just got home from work and I feel like just going to bed. I got a text from Alfredo asking if I wanted to do something, but I replied I was too tired. I must force myself to have something to eat before I go to sleep tonight, even though I'm not hungry yet.
Only one more day shift, then 2 nights and I get 4 days off! Bliss.

No comments: