Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 28 July 2008

A Bit Better

This morning I was feeling really tired and sorry for myself and was kicking myself for not calling in sick earlier. It was really too late to call in sick by this time and so I went into work. I was still feeling feverish (I had to sit in front of the fan for the first half an hour), and aching all over, and I was also tired from not sleeping for more than 20 minutes at a time since Saturday afternoon.
My stomach was pretty much alright until I moved. Unfortunately at 11:30 I had to do a patrol of the whole building. We are given an hour to do this, but it normally takes about 45 minutes. It took me an hour and 10 minutes because I had to stop three times to go to the toilet!! I also went just before my patrol and just after. I had very little to eat, just some plain stuff to tide me over, like crisps and cheesy biscuits. But the late afternoon I was beginning to feel better, but was still glad to come home.
Some good news on the work front is that one of the floors is about to be fitted out for some people to come and work there. So there will actually be something for us to do! The fit-out begins in 2 weeks, and who knows, there may be some nice hunky contracters to seduce?

No comments: