Who's On-Line Now?

Friday 18 July 2008

No Gay TV Website

I came to a decision today at work. I mentioned before that I am looking for a new project or more importantly a new job, to focus my attention on. I asked you, my loyal readers, to vote on the type of thing that you would like to see on a gay website. Other than pictures of sexy men (which you can get almost anywhere), and gay history (which more and more sites are providing), you voted for a tv guide (gay themed). I have been working on the idea ever since and today I came to the conclusion that it was a non-starter.
I worked out a demo front page, based on today's television and it looked okay, but then I thought "When do I stop?"

Do I include just programs with gay content?
Do I include those with gay actors / presenters?
Do include programs that would appeal to gay viewers even if there is no gay input?
And who out there would watch gay television exclusively?
The list of programs I had for today was quite extensive, with everyting from Big Brother to Emmerdale, QI to the Simpsons. I realised that I would probably not go out of my way to watch any of them, and that I need also to know what else is on the television as I would hate to miss Home & Away and I am addicted to Celebrity Masterchef at the moment (although Andy Peters, may qualify?).
So anyway, I've decided that this cannot be the way forward for me and I am back to the drawing board. I still think that a Gay Database of somesort could be the answer, but the details of this brilliant idea elude me at the moment. I will keep you posted. In the mean time I am still open for job offers if anyone out there has a vacancy for me.

No comments: