Who's On-Line Now?

Wednesday 16 July 2008

Tim's REAL Birthday Drinks

I decided yesterday that I was going to go out for drinks a second night running to celebrate Tim's birthday, partly because I wanted a night that ended better than Monday night, but mainly because I wanted Tim to have a good time on his birthday and the more the merrier.
I met him at the Duke of Wellington at 19:00 without telling him I would be there. We arrived at the same time which was spooky. Already there were Richard and their friends Curt and Becky who I had met before. We were joined by a rather boring fellow whose name I shant mention and later by Jim and a couple of his friends. Another friend, Chris, also joined us a little later. So there was a good turn out for Tim, even if his work colleagues had done nothing for him today!
We ended up in Barcode, which is always good on a Tuesday night as the DJ, Stewart Who, plays a brilliant selection of camp olf classics and Richard and I had a good old sing song to most of what was playing. Tim had work the next day so he and Richard left at about midnight. I was left with Chris and a couple of nice guys from Dallas, Texas and we all stayed until closing time. I gave the guys my email address, but I was pissed so I don't know if they will be able to read my writing!
This morning I woke to the sound of my alarm and really didn't want to get up. I didn't have a hangover, as such, but was just exausted. I felt the same way all day at work, but I coped. Now I have just 7 more shifts before another set of days off, 4 next time thank heaven!
I also gave into my guilt and sent a text to apologise to Alfredo for leaving without saying goodbye on Monday night, but explaining why I did [that I was tired, drunk and annoyed at being left on my own]. I have yet to get a reply!

No comments: