Who's On-Line Now?

Tuesday 15 July 2008

Rise and Fall

So I arranged to meet Tim last night for his birthday drinks, even though it was a day early. It was better for me as I am not working today, but will be tomorrow and can't stand working with a hangover!
We were having a few drinks outside the Duke of Wellington, just the two of us, when I got a text from Alfredo asking if I fancied a drink. I replied that I was in Soho and he was free to join us if he wanted. I was actually thinking that he would be at or near home and so wouldn't come along. He was actually in Oxford Street and so joined us within about 20 minutes. It was actually nice to see him. He is a nice guy and I do find him attractive, but I was still really wary of letting myself fall for him. While he was buying drinks Tim told me that he thinks that Alfredo really likes me, which really surprised me. Alfredo was even talking about taking me on holiday sometime, which he had mentioned the last time we were out too, which, to me, seems to imply that he really is interested.
We went on to have a couple of drinks in Comptons and then on to Barcode, from where Tim departed at about 22:30 as he had work the next day. I was enjoying chatting to Alfredo when he decided to go to the toilet, nothing wrong with that. At least 20 minutes later I was still standing there minding his bad, wondering where he was when I spotted him over the other side of the bar (the opposite side to the toilets) chatting to someone. I left it about 10 minutes to see if he was going to come back over to see me but he didn't. I got really fed up, as I felt I was being ignored, and so went over to him, put his bag at his feet and walked off leaving the bar. He didn't acknowledge me at all and from what I could tell he hadn't even noticed. I came home feeling really angry, frustrated and let down.
I am probably over-reacting, as I have a tendency to do in these situations, but I am sick of people just leaving me standing in bars on my own. By "people" I mean Lee who always used to do it, almost every time we went out he would abandon me to go and explore the "delights" of the toilets!!
It was an unpalatable end to what was otherwise a great evening. I really feel like going out tonight as well to celebrate Tim's birthday again, on the right day this time, but don't know if I could face work with a hangover, it is barely tolerable at the moment anyway as nothing is happening there. We shall see how I feel later.

No comments: