Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 13 September 2009

Woken Again

I have had trouble sleeping this week, getting back onto track from working nights gets more and more difficult with each passing week. Last night, somehow, I managed to get to sleep at a decent hour (before midnight) but was woken at around 02:30 by my (often) drunken housemate Penny. She had some visitors and they began by talking in stage whispers at the top of the stairs leading down to the pub. Unfortunately for me, this is right outside my room. They also kept going down to the pub and back up again, banging the door every time, and then, after he guests had gone she was talking to them on her phone for a while (not in a stage whisper this time). What with that, the passing traffic (which is considerable at that time, with lots of people headed home in taxis from the bars / clubs), drunken b@st@rds shouting outside and further banging of the pub door, it was about an hour before I managed to get back to sleep again.
So, I am really tired and I have to go to my sister's today to see my niece's newest noisemaker, baby Hannah. Then, joy of joys, back to work tomorrow for 4 days. Then, luckily, I am off for 12 days, 4 of which are holiday days that my employers tell me I will not be paid in full for as I am not entitled to it (an on going argument that reminds me of the stress I had with my previous employers not honouring the amount of holiday days I should have received). I really need a new job, but still have found nothing to apply for recently. Help!

No comments: