Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 21 September 2009

Optimax

I've not long been back from my consultation at Optimax, to see about getting my eyes lasered so that I don't have to wear lenses or glasses any more (or at least for the foreseeable future). They advertise their prices as starting at £390-ish per eye, but don't advertise the prices of other treatments. Stupidly I anticipated increments of around £250 for each treatment. How wrong was I?
My treatment is going to cost £2570 in total (and that is the discounted price!!!).
I am in shock.
I can't quite believe that I am going through with it, but I am really sick of lenses (£2.5K sick apparently!). With this money I could pay for a decent holiday in Australia, or I could continue paying for contact lenses for nearly the next 11 years!! I really hope that it works out, otherwise I will still be blind (maybe more-so) and even more bitter than I am at the moment. It is a risk that I have to take though.
I have paid a £1000 deposit, and will be paying the rest off with 12 monthly payments of £130. My treatment will be on Wednesday morning and I am not to wear my lenses during the interim time. I will need 2-3 days recovery time afterwards, so I won't be out in Soho during this time, and will need additional aftercare at specific intervals.
Hopefully though, I will be able to get out into Soho early next week before I have to go back to that hellhole called work on the following Wednesday.

No comments: