Who's On-Line Now?

Friday 25 September 2009

Tim - Update

I finally got around to going to see Tim at home. He has been out of hospital for weeks now (it is hard to believe that it is almost 3 months since his accident!), and today was the first time I've seen him since. I sent him a text at around 11:00 to see if he was up to having a visitor today. He replied at 12:00 to say that he had just got up and yes, I could visit any time I wanted. So, I got ready, printed off a map of how to get to his (despite knowing Tim for about 8 years now, I have never seen where he lives!), and set off.
It was a beautifully warm day today with not a cloud in the sky, which I really wasn't expecting, being the end of September, but by the time I got to Tim's I was sweating. It was nice seeing him, although he has lost a lot of weight. He is, however, talking more like himself now, not so much in almost a child-like voice as he was before. But he does still had his flat head, which he obviously will have until he has the metal plate put in on 1st December.
It was really good to see him, and his home which is nice and a good size place, but I am glad that I didn't move there when I had the chance a while back as I am not too keen on the area, Brixton. It's probably just because I was not familiar with the area, having not been around there since Gay Pride was held in Brockwell Park nearly 20 years ago. I am longing to move still though.

No comments: