Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 13 September 2009

Family Time

I've not long been back from visiting the family in Essex (on the way there and back, still reading about Michael Tolliver's visit back home to see his family). It wasn't too bad, the worst part was the journey, especially when I realised that the Circle Line of the tube wasn't running today and I had to walk to Fenchurch Street!

Maxine picked me up at Basildon train station and drove us straight round to Mikala's place to see the new arrival (who I almost forgot about when I got there as she was asleep in the corner and the other two baby girls where making all the noise!). She, as is usual with me, just looks like a baby. I have no affection for them and no desire to pick them up, but was forced to by my sister so she could take lots of pictures. I'll share those when I have them (and if they are flattering of me!!!).

After a few hours and a visit by Lynn and her brood (of four), Maxine took me back to her place for dinner and a bit of television (Dr Who followed by Warehouse 13, which I hadn't seen before and thought the guy was cute).

Maxine did drop a bit of a bombshell on me before reassuring me that it wasn't as bad as it could be, she likes to be dramatic, always has. She told me that she is going to be having a hysterectomy, then explained that it was because of a couple of (non-cancerous) cysts that had been found. My mum had had a hysterectomy when I was still at school, and later died of ovarian cancer as they had only taken the womb and not the ovaries out. Lynn had a hysterectomy a couple of years back as a precautionary measure. I did briefly wonder if Maxine was having it done because Lynn had (she has a habit of copying my sister in anything from tattoos, to clothing to jobs), but then I thought that this was going further than she would do for that reason. I'm sure that she will be fine. She's doesn't have a date for the op yet.

She dropped me back at the train station at 09:20 and I was home by 22:45! I am really tired and really DO NOT want to go to work tomorrow. I so hope that the next four days go really quickly, that my employers confirm that my holiday dates will be paid at 12 hours per day and that while I am on my 12 days off following that I find a great new job which will be the start of all things bright and wonderful for me. What are the chances, eh?

2 comments:

Fete said...

Hello from Spain!!!!!!!!!

Alex said...

Hola Fete Vidal, cómo está usted?