Who's On-Line Now?

Saturday 19 September 2009

Strictly Back

I hadn't realised that Strictly Come Dancing was on last night, fancy starting the new season on a different day of the week. Luckily I have BBC iPlayer to help me catch up. I watched it this afternoon and here is my brief overview of what I saw, with more to come I'm sure after tonight's performances:
The show was kicked of with a medley dance, by the professionals of all the dances that will be performed by the contestants during the series. It was an amazing dance, but still not as good as the famously great Jive from two years ago.
The first of the celebs to dance was the incredibly sexy Rav Wilding. He is such a gorgeous guy, with a great body, beautiful smile and down-to-earth attitude. I have a (not so) soft spot for him because of his background in the Armed Forces and Police, two groups which need all of our support. He has not been too successful in his reality television performances to date (Celebrity Mastermind and Celebrity Masterchef), so I hope he does better here. He was, however, very flat footed when he was dancing, though it is still early days.
Ricky Groves, from Eastenders, was surprisingly good, I thought. Though the judges did not tend to agree with me. And Erin Boag was looking just beautiful. I'm not normally one to notice, and I havn't paid attention to her before, but she is a stunning woman, with a sexy voice too.
Chris Hollins was someone who I expected to be awful (along with Ricky Groves), but was surprised by how good he was, though initially he did remind me of John Sergeant.
Jade Johnson was very elegant.
Martina Hingis was elegant, apart from one fairly major mistake at the end, but her for some reason I don't like her.
Lynda Bellingham is a very funny woman and I want her to do well, especially as she is paired with the gorgeous and sexy Darren Bennett who I love. Unfortunately for a lot of her dance she looked like a rabbit in the headlights of an oncoming car! She was incredibly emotional once the dance was over, relief that she had got through it I guess.
Ali Bastion is one of the celebs that I had not heard of, though I have probably seen her in The Bill at some point. She looked absolutely petrified before taking the stage, but was amazing once she was dancing. The most natural dancer of the celebrities so far. I hated the song that she had to perform to though, very jumbled.
The last of the celebs to perform in this show was boxer Joe Calzaghe. I like Joe, he is pretty down to earth, one of the UK's best sportsmen (results-wise, as he is undefeated in his field), and he is a good looking guy too. Unfortunately, his dance was cringe-worthy to watch: bad posture, bum sticking out, looked petrified, and like he was trying to remember the steps and not just dance all the time. Hopefully he will relax or I can see him going out in the first round tonight (which will be a first for him!).
I was pretty unimpressed with the group mambo performed by the other celebs. I don't know if it was particularly good or bad because the camera work was terrible so I never got to see anyone dance for more than a second, so I couldn't tell.
I shall be watching the show tonight to see what happens.

My name is Alex and I am a Strictly Come Dancing addict!

No comments: