Who's On-Line Now?

Saturday 19 September 2009

Great Night Out

I was due to meet up with Richard last night for drinks, we had arranged to meet at 19:30 and I was running around like a headless chicken to get ready as I hadn't realised the time. While I was getting ready I happened to look out of my window and saw a nice looking guy walk past and he looked up at my window, so I smiled. He quickly looked away so I thought he was obviously straight. A few minutes later he walked back the other way and looked up again, before sitting on a wall outside the YMCA next door. His face was obscured by the wall, I assumed on purpose, and I just thought that he was waiting for someone. And then a couple of minute later he walked back past and looked up again, so I gave him another big smile and he responded, then looked nervous.
I think it may be the same guy who I had the same dance with about 6 months ago, and I was really tempted to run downstairs and chat to him. I chickened out though, justifying my decision with the fact that I was running late.
As it turned out I could have done it, because Richard was half an hour late getting to the Duke of Wellington. So I was kicking myself. Hopefully this guy will stroll past again next week (I am guessing that he was on his way home from work) and I will certainly go and talk to him if I see him again. I need to be more daring with this type of thing if I am ever going to get new friends and that ever elusive partner.

When Richard did turn up he had a work colleague, Grace, in tow. She is a nice enough woman but I really do not like having to feel responsible for "breeders" while I am out on the gay scene. She left after we'd been to Comptons and Ku Bar for one drink in each bar. Richard and I could then relax and so went on to Barcode, where the gorgeous bar manager, whose name I don't know, allowed us to get in for free, which was amazingly nice of him. I'll have to think of a way to thank him!!!
There were a few nice guys around, but none of them where interested in me at all. I began to feel a bit down when Richard suggested that we go on to the 2 Brewers. This is a place I have only ever been to once, almost 20 years ago and I wasn't impressed, but I am really glad that I went. It was a great place, with a fun crowd, great music and a few nice looking guys. I, and I hope Richard too, had a great time singing along to the "golden oldies" that were playing and it didn't matter that I wasn't pulling, which made a fantastic change.
I did, however, get talking to a guy who lives near me in the Barbican. I had "chatted" to Ronan on Facebook, sometime before I was banned from it last year, but we never got further than suggesting a meeting. At the end of the night, Richard went home and I went over to Ronan to suggest sharing a cab back to the Barbican. It turned out that he was with friends and one was driving, so I got a free lift home. Ronan sat in the back with me and we were holding hands for most of the journey. We went back to his place and chatted for a couple of hours and it was really nice, except that I discovered that one of his friends was actually his boyfriend! I felt a bit awkward when I found this out but it seems that they have an open relationship, which is fine, but it felt weird thinking that he was sitting across the room from us. I certainly do not want a threesome as his boyfriend, whose name I have forgotten, is not my type at all. I think it will just be a case of friendship for everyone.
I didn't get home until 07:00 and was still a bit drunk, despite only having a couple of orange juices at Ronan's. I had nothing to eat except crisps so when I woke later in the morning I was a bit hungover and didn't get out of bed until gone 13:00!

I had been considering going to watch the Steelers play today, as both teams were playing at home, but I am couldn't face getting ready and travelling to West Ham this afternoon. I've stayed in and watched last night's Strictly Come Dancing instead (more on than in another posting!).

All in all, last night was a fantastic night and I really had a great time. Cheers Richard.

No comments: