Who's On-Line Now?

Saturday 12 September 2009

What Alex Did

I tried to get myself a new television yesterday, but failed miserably. I found the perfect one in Curry's, but they only had the display one left and the salesman (boy) wouldn't reduce it any further than the £149 price it was showing. I would rather not spend that amount of money on a second hand telly, especially as I would have to buy an aerial to get Freeview as well. I couldn't find another decent one under £250 so I gave up. I may try Argos, though it is not easy to ask questions there (though I could ask Francis).

I was debating all day whether to go out last night and, in the end I decided that I should. I had already made the mistake of saying I would go and see my niece and new great-niece on Sunday (which I had forgotten was Soho Live day), so I thought I needed some fun.
Once again, I never actually talked to anyone for any length of time, but there was plenty of people watching to be done and lots of nice men to ogle. I did the usual round of Rupert Street, Comptons and then Barcode. I saw the muscle guy who had smiled a few times at me last week when I was out and he smiled again, but I never got to talk to him (and he did seem to be spending rather a lot of time in various toilets!!).
Once Barcode was closed I made a conscious decision to go to Chariots (as opposed to my drunken mindless trips in the past). Yes, I was drunk, but not as bad as I have been. I had a good time and felt quite confident while I was in there and, shall we say, I got my money's-worth!!! I still do not want to make Chariots a regular trip.

Today is another glorious day and I have, sadly, not even stepped out of the flat yet. I really should have made an effort to get out, even to get down to see Kings Cross Steelers play their first match of the season. But I was too lazy. I must get out though, as this sunshine is bound to be the last for this year.

Already though, I am dreading going back to work on Monday. It is annoying me at the moment because of the lack of basic support we are getting and because they are trying to cheat us out of holiday pay (trying to pay us 9.6 hours for each holiday day instead of 12!). Why is it that every security company treats its best resource so shittily? I haven't found any jobs recently that I wanted to apply for either. It is so frustrating.

No comments: