Who's On-Line Now?

Tuesday 8 September 2009

I Just Want To Sleep

I was woken this morning at about 11:30 by noise from the construction work going on two storeys above me, hammering, drilling, sawing, planing. I don't know what the hell they are doing, but apparently we have another 3 weeks of it! I managed to stay in bed dozing for another hour and a half, but had to get up as the noise was annoying me, combined with the fitness instructor across the road in the YMCA shouting his head off and the cloying heat that the last throws of summer has sent our way, my room is like an oven.
I also have aches in both my shoulders, which have been there for the last 3 days, so that is also contributing to keeping me awake. I need a good long massage to ease the tension there. Any offers?
I am gonna try and get some more sleep now, though. I've opened the window and turned on the fan so, hopefully the rhythmic sounds of the traffic and the fan will drown out the other noise and allow me some much needed sleep before I have to go back to work tonight.

No comments: