Who's On-Line Now?

Friday 25 September 2009

Why Do I Hate This Flat So Much?

I sometimes wonder if I am being too fussy when I moan about this flat that I live in. I moan about the tiny bathroom, and the fact that you can never get enough hot water to have a bath, the tiny kitchen, and the fact that my flat mates congregate there to chat, despite the fact that other people want to use the space, the fact that we have no double glazing, making my room noise polluted and cold in winter, etc etc etc.
Today I was reminded of another factor. I was in my room, about to go and have a shower. I was sat there just in a towel when I heard Kevin, my landlord out on the landing talking to someone. All of a sudden, he knocked on my door, and despite me saying"Just a minute" he walked in with a guy in a suit doing a survey! It f*ck!ng pissed me off. It would have pissed me off even more if the guy had been sexy!
I have no privacy here, Kevin just comes and goes as he wants. And then there is the fact that my door handle broke 3 weeks ago (well a screw came out and disappeared), he keeps saying he will get it fixed, but still hasn't. Luckily I can still lock the door, but when it first happened I was stuck in my room for 10 minutes while I had to use a coat hanger to force the door open.
I need to move. I think I'll start looking at prices this week, so that I know what I need to aim for wages-wise in a new job. (Oh, by-the-way, I applied for another administration job yesterday, so fingers crossed).

No comments: