Who's On-Line Now?

Thursday 10 September 2009

Anakin's Speach

I am watching Attack of the Clones for the first time in at least 3 years and had to pause the film after hearing the speech that Anakin makes to Padme declaring his feelings for her. I forgot how beautiful the speech was and how Shakespearian it seems. I thought I would share it with you, for those who had not seen the film:

"From the moment I met you, all those years ago, not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of you.
And now that I am with you again, I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. But, the thought of not being with you.... I can't breathe.
I'm haunted by the kiss that you never should have given me. My heart is beating, hoping that kiss will not become a scar.
You are in my very soul, tormenting me.
What can I do? I will do anything that you ask.
If you are suffering as much as I am please tell me."

There was a time when I felt that way, or thought I did, about someone, but knew that they didn't feel the same. I hoped to change that person's mind, but realise now what a foolish hope that was to have.

No comments: