Who's On-Line Now?

Wednesday 23 September 2009

I'm Okay

I had my appointment at Optimax today and, despite being incredibly nervous, worried and, at time, unimpressed with the service, I am fine
I arrived at their office at 09:30 and had some more forms to fill in before seeing the surgeon for a final consultation. He was happy to continue (which I had no doubt about considering the amount of money they are getting from me!). I had to wait about an hour and a half before the procedure even began, and lost track of time while I was in there, though it probably wasn't more than half an hour. I was allowed to rest alone in a side room for a while before being taken downstairs for a brief check up before being chucked out the door (at least, that is how I perceive it now!).

I was regretting it slightly once I got home (via taxi) as my eyes were incredibly sore and, at the appointed time, I could barely open them to administer the eye drops that I had been provided with. I finally managed to get an hour of sleep after I'd put the drops in and when I awoke (or was woken by my flatmates should I say) my eyes felt much better.

I have bandage contact lenses in at the moment, which I presume is what is making my vision slightly blurry, but other than that my vision is great, not perfect I don't think, but great. I have to go back tomorrow for a check-up and then again in a week and 3 months.

All through today I have been thinking that things are really bad, lots of "worst" moments:

I thought spending all that money for vanity's sake was the worst.
I thought the waiting was the worst.
I thought the smell of burning from the laser was the worst.
I thought that navigating down a long staircase with plastic cups on my eyes was the worst.
I thought that the hours of discomfort was the worst.
I thought the frustration at not being able to put my eye drops in was the worst.
I thought that coping with this on my own was the worst.

All in all though, it was the discomfort that was the worst. But at the moment I am thinking that it is all probably worth it. We shall see though if I feel the same in the coming days and weeks.

p.s. I have been told not to read, watch television or use the computer today, but I was so bored and needed to vent a bit I had to get on here and let you all know I was fine. I have, if it is any consolation, turned down the contrast on my laptop so the glare is not too bad. I won't be on here too long either.

No comments: