Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 27 September 2009

Bored (Aren't I Always?)

After today I have just 2 more days of my 12 days off of work left and, apart from the eye correction procedure (I feel like a fraud if I say eye surgery, even though technically it was), I feel like I have once again wasted my time off.
I did go out at the end of last week, but I was hoping to get out a bit more and see lots of people. I have been to see Tim, which is something that I had wanted to do since he came out of hospital. But, overall, I have done nothing and I am bored.
I am slightly limited by what I can do, because I have to administer eye drops every 2 hours. Yes, I can take the drops with me, but it isn't really ideal, or always hygienic. I suppose I am just making excuses. I could have gone to the rugby yesterday. I could have tried to arrange to meet people for lunch (though this never meets with success with the people I know, it's drinks or nothing!). I'm stuck in a rut I think. I even have a legitimate excuse not to join the gym at the moment, as Optimax tell me to avoid exercise for 3 months.
I guess what I really need, what I have wanted for a long LONG time, is someone to be HERE for me. Someone to hold me. What I need (and needed especially in the 3 hours after my eye procedure) was someone to look after me. Sometimes I just need a hug from a strong man. I can't remember the last time I had that.
All I have to look forward to, on my last 2 days off, is another appointment at Optimax on Tuesday morning. It's times like this that make me want to go cottaging / cruising again, for the thrill of it and for the possibility of human contact, no matter how unemotional it may be. I'm desperately trying to avoid this temptation though.

No comments: