Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 17 February 2008

Rise of the Silver Surfer

I finally got around to watching the DVD of Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer this afternoon and I must say I was a bit disappointed. The first Fantastic Four film was, in my opinion the best comic book adaption I have ever seen. It combined perfectly the essence of what comic books should be, super powers to the max and a climactic battle, with just the right amount of humour and character development.
This film had little humour throughout, the return of Dr Doom without a real explanation, an all-powerful villain barely glimpsed and easily defeated, and too much time spent on changing locations and having American soldiers going where the hell they wanted in the world without being challenged (but then again that is in every film, and more and more worryingly, in real life too! Nothing against Americans, just your idiot of a president and his daddy-complex)!
All in all, the best thing about this film is that you get to see Chris Evans topless again, and boy is he pumped. Beautiful Julian McMahon is back, and even Ioan Gruffudd is looking a bit sexy still.
All in all I'm glad I waited until I got the DVD for under a tenner as it wouldn't be worth more. I hope maybe that I'll enjoy it more the second time around.

No comments: