Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 17 February 2008

Reset

----Spoiler Warning-----

I have just watched the latest episode of Torchwood, Reset, via BBC iPlayer and I am glad to say we have a brilliant episode at last. After a big impact with the first episode of this series I have been greatly disappointed with the last few episodes.
Reset sees an impressive return to top form. Lots of aliens. The worst kind of bad guy, a human. And Martha Jones at her very best, right where the action is.
It was interesting to find out that Martha is now working for U.N.I.T., it would be even better to see more of U.N.I.T. now and I hope that they will explore that relationship either within Torchwood or when she returns to Dr Who in the next series. I can quite understand why Cap'n Jack would like Ianto to have one of those "cute little red berets" that UNIT officers wears as well. I wouldn't mind seeing him in that myself!!
It was also interesting to find out that Martha has a boyfriend! Have I missed something? I shall have to quiz Tim when I see him next, to which I'll probably get the same answer, "I can't saw!"
My only complaint about this episode was the death of Alan Dale's character, he could have been a good nemesis for the entire team, as opposed to Jack's personal nemesis Captain John Hart, who is due to return soon.
My confidence in the show has now been reaffirmed and I am looking forward to the next episode(s) I hope they keep up the good work.

No comments: