Who's On-Line Now?

Saturday 23 February 2008

France v England

I watched the France v England Six Nations match earlier and decided to go to the bar downstairs to watch it (the Shakespeare). I had a call earlier from Tim inviting me out for drinks in town, but I had already started to cook dinner and had decided to watch the match so I declined.
Kevin was in the bar and so I joined him to watch the match. Sat by us were two guys, one of which I recognised as a guy I had spoken to about the rugby during the World Cup. When his mate was outside having a ciggie, or in the toilet, he started chatting to me and I was entranced. He is such a lovely guy. Just my type physically, not slim but not fat, nicely proportioned without being gym obsessed, good looking and easy to talk to. I began to wonder if he was gay, and the other guy was his partner. I missed some of the match because I was just so entranced by this man. He said he should be in the pub for the next England match, so I really hope that I can make it too! 8th March is the next match, a Saturday at 15:15, lets hope that I am off or at least on a night shift.
The match itself was great, really thrilling with good rugby being played by each side. Balshaw managed to NOT make any decisive mistakes this time, although it looked like he was trying to as some points. Vickery was only penalised once during the match that I saw too, which made a change for our "captain."
Sackey played well, resulting in a try (which we probably shouldn't have got as it looked like a knock-on), and Wigglesworth should be chuffed with his final moments try putting the match way out of France's reach in the last couple of minutes.
Final score was 13 - 24 to England. All in all a great match to watch and even more satisfying a win being on French soil (at the 10th anniversary celebrations of Stade du France too, hilarious watching the BBC commentators trying to compete with the fireworks going on in the background.)
Here are my fave players from the French team, though I'm still unsure as to where Michalak is, there star from the World Cup!Elvis Vermeulen; Florian Fritz;Jerome Thion; Julien Bonnaire;Aurelien Rougerie; Cedric Heymans; Damien Traille; David Skrela; Dimitri Szarzewski;

Vincent Clerc;

No comments: