Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 11 February 2008

Result

I was woken up by my mobile phone ringing at 11:30 this morning, which is annoying as I was on night shift last night and am again tonight. I answered the phone blearily to find that it was the other security firm I had gone for an interview with on Thursday, the one that had said they had no vacancies. Well a vacancy has come up, how convenient, I bet the vacancy was there all the time. They are offering me the position.
I wasn't too compus mentus on the phone, having just been woken up after just 4 hours sleep, but I accepted and have to hand my notice in today. I don't have to give any notice, still being in my probationary period, but I will give then a few days, and take the weekend off before starting at the new place on Monday. A weekend off to celebrate I think is in order, don't you?
All this comes the day after I had finally decided to give up security altogether and search for an alternative career, preferably a Monday to Friday daytime job. I will still keep my eye out for such a position, and work on my writing and maybe still take up photography as I intended to, but in the meantime I will work towards improving my position at the new place (I start on the supply team, basically filling in when they have holiday and sickness) and hopefully I can work my way towards the front-of-house team which is a Monday to Friday days only team.

3 comments:

gab said...

nice one alex well done!

hope its better than the one youre in now xxxxxxxx

Ray's Cowboy said...

hopefully the new one will be better. Good Luck.
Ray

Alex said...

Cheers guys, only time will tell I guess.