Who's On-Line Now?

Wednesday 13 February 2008

The Bargaining

I forgot to mention that on my last three night shifts I began to write a story I have been thinking about for a few months.
"The Bargaining"
I have had an ambition for some time now to have some written work published at some point in my life (a poem, a magazine article or a book) and so have had a few ideas on the back-burner for a while. I doubt very much that it will be a book, but you never know.
I wrote out a basic plan of the story and descriptions of all the main characters months ago, but have had no inspiration since then. Boredom became my inspiration on Saturday night and I took my laptop into work and began to write the story. It is slow going, with only one page completed on the first day, but considering it is the first time I have attempted to create a story since school (over 20 years ago) then I have to find my own writing style and so, hopefully, it will pick up once I get into the flow of things. I had 4 pages at the end of Monday night's shift, about 3600 words, not much but I hope I can see it through to finish the story.
I also want to re write an autobiography that I wrote about 3 years ago. I managed to write about 70 pages. I know now that I can pad this out with further memories and stories of my past and with what has happened since.
I have a collection of poems that I have also written, about 50 I think, of different styles, but I haven't written any poetry for about 10 years.
I think I probably need to take a creative writing course or something to improve. I shall have to look into that.

No comments: