Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 18 February 2008

Funplex

I am excited to find out that the B-52s have a new CD album coming out called Funplex with a single of the same name. I found all this out via Gay.com and had a listen to the new single. It sounds like classic B-52s and for me that is just great, I have missed not having any new stuff from them. Apparently it has been 16 years since their last studio album! WOW. I am a big fan, simply due to their amazing lyrics about weird subject matter: Cake; Wig; 6060-842; Lava; Big Bird; Butterbean; Housework; etc.
Quiche Lorraine is a comedy classic song;
"Has anyone seen, a dog died dark green, sunglasses and a bonnet, designer jeans with appliques on it?"
And of course who can forget Rock Lobster?
I am thrilled that all four remaining members are still in the line-up as there were rumours that Cindy Wilson and Keith Strickland may have left. They are a band with a classicly unique sound and should never change. I don't buy CD's much nowdays, but this will certainly be in my collection very soon!

No comments: