Who's On-Line Now?

Thursday 7 February 2008

Bigots Beware

Today at work I was pleased to see that my supervisor was actually in early, as I wanted to have a word with him about yesterday's incident. As soon as we had a moment alone I asked if he could arrange for the roster to be changed as I didn't want to work with the young guy who had expressed his homophobic views yesterday. I thought that the senior guard had explained the full story to him.
The supervisor said that he was going to be gone by the end of the weekend, basically they wanted him to work the remainder of his shift before removing him from site. Typical security firm. I was pretty annoyed but I thought I would go away for half an hour and think about the situation again.
The supervisor approached me on reception then and it was obvious to me that he had been told the whole story at last. He asked me to write a statement of the incident to present to head office and so I did. He also got my colleague who was a witness to do a statement and a little later, when the building manager came in, he decided immediately that this bigot was not to return to site at all. Only he as the client could do that with immediate effect.

At the end of the shift, while waiting for the two night guards to come in, late as usual, who should turn up for duty but this young idiot. He claims that he wasn't told, so we gave him the phone number of control, but refused him entry to site as per our instructions. He rang the intercom a second time saying he couldn't get through to control, but they later said that he had spoken to them. In the end he still wasn't let in and he shouldn't be back.
I do feel bad if he in fact he hadn't been told that he was suspended, but I really don't know what to think with this guy. And now I no longer have to care either way.

4 comments:

gab said...

good for you

problem is he prob wont even be told why hes been moved and he'll do it to someone else

Alex said...

You are probably right. He proudly told me on his first or second day that he had been sacked from 4 security jobs in the last year alone, so he could have done the same at any of these places.

gab said...

sounds like an idiot i hate bigots-hows the cat?

Alex said...

I haven't mentioned Frank for a while have I?
He is doing brilliantly. There is now no sign of a limp which is brilliant, he is fantastic, although I think he gets a little bored being alone most of the day, poor thing.