Who's On-Line Now?

Tuesday 23 October 2007

Zodiac

Last night I watched Zodiac on DVD, this was the latest film of the real-life story of the still-at-large serial killer from the late 60's and early 70's in California, USA. It is a fascinating story, probably why so many films have been made about it, or based upon it. This version stars Jake Gyllenhaal, which is what probably drew me to the film most, Robert Downey Jr (who was excellent dispite my misgivings about him), Mark Ruffalo, Anthony Edwards, and Brian Cox among many others.
The film had me hooked, even when it didn't appear that Jake would be in it all that much, and I may even go and buy the book by Robert Graysmith (the character Jake played) to find out all the ins-and-outs of the story that weren't in the film. It is a fascinating story, then again most real-life stories are, but mostly incredibly well acted by all the cast.
It had me fascinated that there were links to such diverse characters as Armistead Maupin and Melvin Belli (not a name I knew but he was a celebrity lawyer and had starred in an episode of the original series of Star Trek playing Gorgon), and that it spanned such a long period of time, and is still unsolved!
10/10 You must see this film.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to see this film!!!!

Sven.

Alex said...

You have to it had me hooked, but then I love Jake and I love true stories too, so I was gonna be hooked no matter what!
Watch out for his next one, Rendition, it looks great too!