Who's On-Line Now?

Friday 19 October 2007

Clearing out my locker

I went to work today, for the last time I presume, to hand back my uniform and to empty my locker. I got to reception a bit early (20 minutes to be exact) and so I expected to wait around. But, as per usual, my manager still managed to collect me 15 minutes later than our appointment! Typical.
It was all very clinical. Luckily, despite being lunch time, the rest room wasn't that busy and so I didn't have to face too many people I knew, giving me platitudes that they didn't really mean!
I cleared the locker, handed back my pass and left. I should have my pay check in about a week (so that means it'll be 3 weeks!).
I received a letter today confirming what my email had said, that I was dismissed. The letter was meant to be sent on Tuesday, as was the email. It was actually posted yesterday, as shown by the franking mark on the envelope. And despite having post for the last week now, I still have not received the letter informing me about the Tuesday meeting that I missed last week (or was it the week before) that I was never told about. Methinks they did not actually send it! Which is probably the only reason they didn't make a fuss when I didn't turn up for it!
Thinking about everything, I am just glad to be out of that hell-hole.
Oh, and on the way home I received a text to say yet another person has been suspended! A supervisor this time! I have a feeling that they are just clearing the way for their own staff and their own recruits.
I have also just rearranged my interview, that was arranged for 1st November, for next Thursday now. I told them that I had been sacked now and she didn't seem fazed by it at all, she just said that I'd have to discuss it at the interview. I had visions of being told not to bother, but I think my 5 1/2 years experience may actually work in my favour this time!
So, on the whole I am feeling upbeat. To be honest, appart from about 3 hours after receiving the email when I was a bit shellshocked, I have been feeling pretty good. No relapses into my depressive state, just a bit p****d off that I have no money to enjoy my "time off" to the max at the moment.
And, Kevin tells me that Frankie is coming home this afternoon, hooray! Apparently, the nurses at the vet's don't want him to leave as they have grown so attached to him, but all I can say to that is:
"F**k off bitches! That's my pussy!"

1 comment:

gab said...

well at least your out of ther enow you know i agree with your theory though

glad frankie is ok and good luck with your interview xxxxxx