Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 1 October 2007

End of a (very short) era

I had a phonecall from Bob this afternoon to inform me that he was calling it a day with the business too! I had informed him, about a month ago, that I was pulling out of Worldsafe as I couldn't see it supporting both of us. But he was intent on giving it a go, he even quit his full time job to pursue it. He now has to look for another full-time job, and has even approached his previous employers (my current employers) about coming back. Personally I wouldn't have wanted to do that. I don't think I could have swallowed my pride to do that!
I don't recommend, to anyone, coming back here to work. The new company who have taken over the contract are crap. They have messed up the first wages they have paid to us, missing days of pay out for some people and charging EVERYONE emergency tax! They haven't even had the decency to send out pay slips! I would imagine that that is a legal requirement isn't it?

5 comments:

gab said...

they charged emergency tax? bloody ell thats it im pissed off now

Alex said...

Tell me about it. They have been in a month now and the only official communication we have received was to say "Oops, we messed up your wages! Sorry! We'll try and sort it!"

gab said...

just got his wage slip so hes taking it in tomorrow

they better pay it back this month!

Alex said...

Nothing has been said about reimbursing anyone, so it looks like we'll all have to wait until next payday!
I guess with this lot we have to consider ourselves lucky that we don't have to wait until the end of the bloody tax year!

gab said...

well they better do it then bloody cheek