Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 15 October 2007

Poor Frankie

I've not mentioned little Frankie recently, an oversight on my part. Sorry.
Frank is the cat in the flat (as opposed to the Cat in the Hat), and he can be incredibly annoying, and I have the scars on the backs of my hands to prove it! But often he is just bored and wants to play. He can be really affectionate, but only for very brief periods of time. And he always seems to want to sit on your lap when you are busy, or play when you have food (I think this last one is a diversionary tactic, the smart little bugger!).
Poor little Frankie hurt his leg last week and we don't know how. Whether he did it jumping off the furniture or got it caught under the front door, which he often lies in front of, we just don't know. The leg was getting better, but on taking him to the vet today, Kevin was informed that Frank probably dislocated his leg last week and may have even fractured it. He is being kept in overnight. If it is just a dislocation then he will be fine, though we will have to limit his movement while he recovers for a week. If it is a fracture then he may have to be put down because of the cost (apparently it would cost £1800 to fix that! and Kevin doesn't have pet insurance!)
I hope that doesn't happen coz I am quite attached to the little bastard! Sometimes literally with his claws and teeth!
Get well soon Frankie boy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't put down Frankie!!! Oh my god! A cat like a dog has four legs and you know what they don't need all of them. I had a cat with only three legs ( he lost one cause an accident) and he lived his life without any problem.
Save Frankie!
I am sorry but I love animals.

Sven.

Alex said...

I really hope that it doesn't come to that, but I don't have £1800 to give to pay for the operation and neither does his owner.
I am waiting for 2 important pieces of news today, my job and Frankie, and I can tell you that Frankie is probably more on my mind at the moment!

gab said...

dont let the cat die! they can live fine with 3 legs cant they just not save the leg?

Unknown said...

Maybe you can ask for some other vets opinions. Cats aren't like horses.
I am really worry about Frankie cause last February I had to put my little lovely cat cause she had a brain tumour and she got mad.
I know that Frankie can live with only three legs.

Anyway... Good luck with your job!!!!

Sven.