Who's On-Line Now?

Saturday 22 August 2009

Some (Dis)Enchanted Evening

I was so disenchanted with the thought of working nights again last night that, once I had got there and was talking to the day supervisor, I just could not concentrate on anything he was saying. He was showing me how to use a new piece of tech we have and none of it sunk in at all. It took me a couple of hours to get back into the swing of things, even then I just wanted to get out of the place.
Having an irritating contact lens did not help the situation either. All I kept thinking was, my bed is just 10 minutes walk away. I could be sleeping now. Or watching Sex and the City. Or a million other things. But, instead, I am here doing absolutely nothing.
By the time I eventually came home I was feeling more alert and awake than when I went in, but I still managed to get straight to sleep once my head hit that pillow.

No comments: