Who's On-Line Now?

Tuesday 18 August 2009

Retail Therapy

I had nothing in particular to do again today so I thought I would go into Oxford Street and see if I could get myself some casual shoes. I stopped off first in Burtons and got myself a white zip-up hooded top. I then managed to get some white casual shoes (that I am still not sure about, but which were really cheap) in the Officers Club. I then decided to be really queenie and get myself the complete box set of Sex and the City, which I had seen somewhere was on sale in HMV for £50. I must have missed the sale, but as it was still less than £10 more than I was expecting I bought it anyway as it worked out at £10 per season I thought it was great value still.
All this a takeaway sandwich in Soho Square, a comic and a Star Wars book and I still had only spent about £100, how fantastic was that.
I was, however, extremely hot and bothered by the time I got home as I hadn't expected it to be so hot today. Hot as in weather. And hot as in the amount of stunning guys who were about. I'm not talking model types, though there were a couple of those too. I'm talking, take home to the family and marry types. I must have seen at least three who were, at least visually, perfect matches for my ideal "man til I die." It is just a shame that none of them noticed me.

I got home and watched the first three episodes of the first series of SATC, which was only interrupted by a phone call from one of the other supervisors at work asking me to go in tomorrow for a couple of hours for training on the new system. I declined, I don't know how many more times I am going to have to emphasise that "I DON'T DO OVERTIME!"
I work 48 hours every week, every other week is on day shifts. If they cannot be bothered to train me when I am there during those times then that is not my problem. I ignored the second call that came through and there was no voicemail to bug me after that, which surprised me.
I'm glad I had Carrie and the girls there to help me from getting too stressed about it! Thank god for Carrie eh? She is probably the inspiration, in a round about way, for me starting this blog in the first place, or at least for the literary aspirations that have blossomed since I started the blog. So blame her, not me, her with the big nose and no fashion sense!

No comments: