Who's On-Line Now?

Friday 21 August 2009

New Friends

So, I met up with Adam last night and I must admit that he looks nothing like his Gaydar profile pictures. In his pictures he looks quite tall and very muscular, but in real life he was slim and shorter than me. It's a good job I wasn't meeting him for sex because I would have been very disappointed.
We went for a couple of drinks in the Pembroke, which used to be the Colherne. I didn't even know that the Colherne had closed. I'd only been there twice, but it was sort of a British gay institution (and no one wants to be in an institution!), so it is a shame that it has gone now. And I had just been reading about it in Babycakes, of the Tales of the City series (Michael Tolliver visits it briefly).
Adam and I chatted about nothing in particular and it was pretty unstimulating, then we got talking about television and films, and Dr Who in particular and the conversation became more animated, though I'm still not sure that I want to hang out with him again, though he said that he did. We'll see.
We parted at just after 21:00 and I then went into Soho and had a couple more drinks in Rupert Street, where there were a few very nice guys and I kept myself amused watching the AussieBum promo videos above the bar (I love their models).
I followed this on by going to Barcode and got chatting with a guy I've met a few times before, who is a member of the Kings Cross Steelers, called RJ. We had a good long chat, joined by a friend of his whose name I can't quite remember (Michael?), and both were throwing compliments at me left, right and centre. I felt very reassured and affirmed, so it was a surprise that after Barcode I found myself in Chariots. I really do not know why I went there, I was too tired and I just wanted to go home, but, stubborn as I am, I'd paid my money so I was going to get my rocks off. After a couple of hours of aimless wandering around, avoiding a particularly annoying little man, I got showered and came home.

I've hardly slept since I got home, as it was already light, the traffic was already active past my window when I got into bed, and I had had a few Red Bull's while I was out. I just hope that I last the night when I get to work later.
It is particularly annoying checking Facebook this afternoon as well, because almost everyone I know seems to be going somewhere for the weekend (V festival, canoeing in Scotland, visiting family in Glasgow, etc etc etc), and I've got - NIGHT SHIFTS AT WORK!!!! Aaaarrrgggghhhhh!

No comments: