Who's On-Line Now?

Wednesday 5 August 2009

Early Riser (Sort Of)

One of the main reasons that I went out last night was to get some alcohol into my system to help me to sleep last night and make sure that I slept late this morning. I only had two drinks while I was out, because I got bored drinking alone and so I guess I must have sobered up too much for my plan to work. This morning there was a plethora of sirens going past my window at around 09:00 and so I had no choice but to wake up, I thought I may as well get up too. I am intending to have a sleep mid-afternoon so that I don't feel too knackered for my night shift.

I think I need to re-revamp my CV as I am still not getting any replies from the jobs that I am applying for. I know that if could be mainly because I am applying for jobs that I am not in the same field as at the moment, but I really thought my CV would sell the qualities that these jobs needed. Try Try Again I guess.

I am also getting a touch of hypochondria, I have a sore throat and a headache which have been with me a couple of days. My flatmate Jessica had a virus recently that her doctor says may have been Swine Flu. So, I am assuming that I have it too. My quandary is: Do I still go to work, or should I stay home. I would love to stay home, but I don't get paid if I do. I don't feel sick enough, at the moment, to justify losing money. I also think that this Swine Flu panic is all a fuss about nothing. Isn't it just another form of 'flu, which kills tens of thousands every year too?
I'm not going to stay home, I just thought I would share the decision that took me a microsecond to resolve in my head!

No comments: