Who's On-Line Now?

Wednesday 12 August 2009

A Nothing Day

Nothing much accomplished today really. I didn't get up until gone midday, so most of the day was already wasted.

I did popped to the Barbican library and managed to finish reading Maybe the Moon, by Armistead Maupin. It is a good book, and very thought provoking (especially at the end), but not his best. I never felt as invested in the characters as I did with his Tales of the City books, but then again you get to know those characters over a longer period of time (6 books). It is set in the same continuity though, mentioning Ned (Michael Tolliver's former business partner, and Rock Hudson's former lover), just as The Night Listener is also set in the same "universe" with Anna's presence confirming this. I still enjoyed the book though, and will probably read it again.
I think I will start reading Julie Walters' autobiography next as that looks interesting, though I am also half way through Nobody True, by James Herbert, and am re-reading the Tales of the City books at work. Good job I can keep track of which story is which, eh?

I worked on the database today too and have managed to add almost another 300 names over the last 3 days. Not bad.

I've not heard from any job that I've applied for, not even my "perfect job" that I applied for on Saturday (I guess it is still early) so tomorrow I will have to go back to work, which I am not looking forward to as usual.
I just hope that my old boss isn't working overtime at the weekend as he has been for the last 2 weeks. I will really get frustrated if he is as he STILL refuses to wear uniform, even though he isn't the manager any more, and STILL insists on telling the supervisors what he wants to do (and they have been letting him get away with it!).
I am also taking my free computer back to work, bit by bit because of the weight, as it is no use to me as it isn't compatible with wireless internet and I can't be bothered to mess around with it, especially as I haven't got a clue how to set it right. I don't really need it either, so I have arranged for one of the other guys at work to have it. At least someone will get some use out of it. I just wish I knew how to wipe the memory completely, not just clear the history.

No comments: