Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 10 August 2009

Debt Free At Last - Well Almost

I phoned one of the companies that I was paying off debts to today to check how much was left to pay, as I intended to pay it off in full. When I got through I was told that it had cleared in May and they had no record of 2 further payments. The woman at the call centre advised me that they would investigate and if they payments were found they would refund the £90 to me. But other than that my debt was cleared. This was good news (despite the missing money).
So I decided to phone my last remaining creditor and paid off the full amount with them too. So now, apart from my overdraft (which I will go into today once I take out my rent), I am debt free and if feels GREAT!!! For the first time in over 10 years, all my money is now my own. I can start to save up for laser eye surgery now (which shouldn't take long), and I will be able to buy my nephews and nieces decent presents for Christmas this year too!

2 comments:

Ray's Cowboy said...

Saving one's own money can feel great. Congrats on be debt free. I have to say you should be very proud of yourself. Again Congrats on this.
Ray

Alex said...

Cheers Ray, and I've done it a month earlier than I planned too. I'm very happy.