Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 17 August 2009

Joy

I saw a status update on Facebook earlier from Dean to say that he was going to be on Joy 94.9 (Australia's gay radio station), so I hung around indoors to listen to it. The first hour of the show was not particularly good, though the discussion on piercings was fairly interesting. Then Dean came on and he was great. It was nice hearing his voice through a different medium than the distortion of a mobile phone connection and he sounded so natural, then again nothing much fazes our Deano!!
It was also great to have it on record that he is hoping to bring his show over to the UK. The sooner the better I say!! It would be so good to see him again. And, I've just thought, if I save up enough money, when he travels back to Aus I could go with him for my first foreign holiday in 15 years! It would certainly make the long journey a lot less stressful to travel with a good friend, don't you think? Something to plan for I hope.
Back to the show though, and I was a bit disappointed with the two presenters, as they did not sound very natural. It was mainly because you could easily tell when they were reading from a script (they kept messing it up!).

Right after the show, I guess after he had got out of the studio, Dean called me. He knew I was listening (care of Facebook) and so it was good to speak to him, even though he couldn't talk long because of his phone battery. It was good to hear from him.
I am so proud of my mate Dean Arcuri.

No comments: