Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 28 March 2010

WLTM - John Partridge

John Partridge is another celebrity that I have been aware of for a while but had not known much about them. I had a video, yes VIDEO, of the Cats anniversary "film," in which he performed as the Rum Tum Tugger (unfortunately, one of my least favourite songs of the set), but from that I couldn't even tell what he looked like.

He first came to my full attention, as he did to most of the population of the UK, when he first appeared in the soap Eastenders. It was immediately apparent that he was a gorgeous-looking man, with a nice build and it was known that he was a gay man playing a gay man. Despite his character's initial shallowness and stereotypical behaviour I liked the character, in the few scenes that I saw (not being a big fan of the show).

I eagerly anticipated watching the first television interview that I saw, but was a bit disappointed that he came across as more camp than I liked and more camp than his character was. I wasn't sure whether this was a performance of his real self, either way I was disappointed at the possibility of him being camp as this isn't my type of guy.

I have just watched the first episode of the new BBC1 series Over The Rainbow in which John is one of the celebrity judging panel hoping to find the new Dorothy for Andrew Lloyd-Webber's new version of The Wizard of Oz. In this, although there was not many opportunities to hear him talk, he did not come across as being as camp as I had seen previously. I was also made more aware of his incredibly sexy deep voice.

He has also just appeared in an interview and photoshoot for Attitude magazine in which he sounds interesting and surprisingly normal (for a scene-queen) and the photos, though incredibly homosexually arousing, are beautiful and masculine.

As you may have guessed I had been attracted to John from first seeing him (sans body suit and cat make-up). The campness that I may have perceived had put me off, but this latest photoshoot has shown that he has an amazing body, with a great hairy chest, amazing arms (always a plus with me) and is still gorgeous.

Why would I like to meet him? Well, I believe that he is happily partnered and I have no interest in splitting a couple, so the relationship / sex reason is out. After reading his interview in Attitude and learning about his travels and careers struggles I believe that he would have a plethora of stories to tell and gossip to spill. John, dish the dirt.

No comments: