Who's On-Line Now?

Wednesday 24 March 2010

2 Months And .......

I've been going to the gym for 2 whole months now, averaging 3.5 times a week, and I've compared my measurements to those before I started there. I was very disappointed, and surprised, to find that most haven't changed, despite me thinking there had been a visible difference. The only measurements that have changed are my waist, which has reduced by 4cm; My unflexed biceps have increased by 0.5cm each (though when flexed they haven't changed!); My right thigh and calf have reduced by 1.5cm & 2cm each, and the left calf has reduced by 1.5cm.
I think that some, if not all, of the original measurements may have been wrong as I didn't have a proper tape measure until today, so I will pay more attention to the next set of measurements in another 2 months.
We will see what happens then (and I think I may try Creatine too, to see if that helps boost my visible results).

5 comments:

J said...

Congrats on your success. It inspires me to head over to the YMCA right now. :)

Unknown said...

You've done well. Some of that may be losing BMI, which is good.

gab said...

youre lovely as u are just do it to be fit someone will love u even if youre not big and muscly

Ray's Cowboy said...

give it time. you see the changes are slow but I bet it is worth it..
And you do know muscle wieghs more than fat.
Ray

Alex said...

Wow, thanks guys.
I was a bit disappointed to have little measurable improvement, but I am not going to obsess about it. For example, on Saturday, I was feeling so good about my self-image and the healthy feeling I had, that I think that alone contributed mostly to my greater self-confidence and my brilliant night.
I may stop the measurements altogether and just revel in my sense of feeling "better."