Who's On-Line Now?

Sunday 3 June 2007

Night out

I watched Dr Who last night, the conclusion to a two-part story, which lived up to last weeks episode after a pretty poor season so far, after which I was bored. I looked out of my window onto the street below and saw a guy crossing the road with a sleeveless t-shirt on, showing his semi-muscular arms and at that point I decided that I needed to go out.
I got ready, eventually deciding what to wear and headed off. It was a much later start than I would normally have for a night out. Normally I get to the first pub for about 19:00, but last night it was just gone 21:00. I started in Rupert Street, which was packed. Initially there were very few nice looking people about, but then a few came in. Vlad wasn't working, but the gorgeous young barman was, not that he noticed me at all (even when he served me!!). I wasn't actually feeling in the mood to be out, as everyone else was in groups and there was me standing on the sidelines all alone (again!).
While I was there I realised that it would have been my mate Craig's birthday either yesterday or today (I could never remember even when he was alive), so I decided to stay out as a sort of tribute. I do miss him.
After 2 drinks I decided "what the hell!" and went on to Barcode and stayed there for a couple of hours. I went straight downstairs and was pleased to see that it wasn't that busy down there, yet, so I got served straight away by a lovely barman, whose name I can't remember, who always makes me feel welcome when he sees me. He was really welcoming today and I felt a bit better.
One of the first guys I noticed in the downstairs bar was a good-looking (duh!), dark-haired guy around my age, with a black, sleeveless t-shirt on (which he eventually took off, wow!). As I was looking at him he looked back and I smiled, he returned the smile and it boosted my mood quite a bit. He was with another guy and seemed reluctant to make too much eye contact, so I assumed that this was his boyfriend. Eventually he walked past me and explained that it was his friend's birthday and he didn't want to leave him, which was fair enough and unusual (most guys would abandon a friend for a bit of action, or is that just my friends?). I gave him my number though and he said he would phone me. Luciano is his name (I'm not sure of the spelling yet), oh, and he is a very good kisser as we had a bit of a snog before he went back to his mate.
Made my evening that did!
There were a few other nice guys there and some even paid me a bit of attention, but I couldn't top the way I was feeling so I decided to head off home, glad that I did get out in the end.

No comments: