Who's On-Line Now?

Monday 11 June 2007

Bored at work, again!

Tonight, on my way to work I was in a fantastic mood. I was smiling for no apparent reason, whistling and I felt good about myself (despite the ulcer in my mouth, which feels ginormous!). I think this has to do with the fact that I am happy that my niece and great-niece are healthy, I only had 1 more work shift to go before my days off, Frank is all better and was very playful before I left for work, it was anice warm day, and the fact that I found £6 last night (a big deal as I am skint!), which meant I didn't have to worry about food for the night!

I got into work and at about 19:30 found out that I had to cover for the job that I had applied for and been told I wasn't good enough for! All because they (management) had messed up with the manning (yet again!). They thought that the guy for tomorrow night was off when actually it was tonight!
The current manager of the position had authorised us to have the phones diverted to our control room, but our manager decided that one of us had to go and spend the night "working" in that office. My co-worker, Andy, decided that it was my turn, despite the fact that when we took on our current positions he had said he didn't mind covering the position and I had said that I didn't want to if there was someone else who would cover it!
I decided to forward the phones to the mobile phone they use when they aren't in the office and work from our control room anyway! I wish now that I hadn't as I feel like I am intruding in Andy and Rob's (the guy brought over to our control room to cover me) freindship and conversations. I really wish I hadn't swapped to this shift, as I feel resentment from both the above and conversation isn't as easy as I thought it would be!
Oh well. Nothing I can do about it now! I just wish that I had something to do! I am so bored, and we still have 5 hours to go. Which is another thing that pissed me off about me having to cover this position. The person coming in to relieve me will not get in until 07:00, so I will be working a 13 hour shift instead of 12 as I got in at 18:00 tonight to let the previous shift go! Will I get paid for the extra hour? Don't be bloody stupid, of course not!

No comments: