Who's On-Line Now?

Friday 22 June 2007

I forgot......

I got a text from my sister Lynn earlier today:
"What time are you getting here tomorrow for the show?"
I completely forgot that I had agreed to go and see my niece and nephew in a play that their drama group is performing. I was going to try and make excuses, as I don't really feel like travelling to Essex but I guess I should put myself out and I can go and see my great-niece at the same time.
So I am going to get a train to my sister's (Maxine) in Basildon late morning tomorrow, that is where my niece and great-niece are staying at the moment, and spend a few hours there, then get Lynn to pick me up on the way to the show (which also happens to be in Basildon). After the show I can get a train back. At least I will have achieved something else during my week off.
What was distressing though, was the fact that Lynn told me that she was off work at the moment after having a hysterectomy!
I had known nothing about this and it brought back memories of my mum. She had had a hysterectomy when I was at school, and died about 10 years later of ovarian cancer.
Luckily, Lynn reassured me that her surgery was merely preventative, so that she doesn't develope that cancer later on. I guess it must have been a difficult decision, but she has had four children and wasn't planning on having any more (Adrian, my brother-in-law, has had the snip anyway), but even so, not an easy thing to decide or to endure.

2 comments:

DEREK said...

my cousin has a flat in London, he stays in the summer, he just got there yesterday. Man I wish I could come this summer.';;


http://deveil.wordpress.com/

Alex said...

We certainly have the weather at the moment. Yes it does keep raining, but only for 10-15 minutes at a time. It is still really warm. Just hope it gets all the rain out of the way before next Saturday. London Pride!